About Me

Friday, November 18, 2011

An Update On Me

I’m doing well.  Doctor appointments have been a bit overwhelming and I must say the stress is starting to get to me.  (All I want to do is sleep.)  I am however continuing to run, but after about five or six miles I’m so tired!  And while I run it is odd to feel like my chest has it’s own heart beat.  But the most difficult time while running is trying to let my mind wander because that little heartbeat in my left breast is a constant reminder that things have changed so dramatically.  It’s okay though.  I just take one step at a time and before I know it I’m done with my run and back home again.
All the food friends are bringing me is so nice.  Corey and I were very reluctant at first to accept the offer to create a food calendar but now that I’m gone so much I’m glad we caved.  It’s great not to have to worry about what to cook for the kids.  I was getting tired of sandwiches and cereal!!! 
The other night a friend brought us dinner after a long day at the doctor and after we ate I took Cameron to a birthday party.  On the way he said that he was sad I was unable to pick him up from school as much.  I knew then that was God’s cue to tell him what’s going on.  I proceeded to explain that mommy was sick and there are times when one of mommy’s friends would pick him up.  I also told him that some of our friends would be bringing us dinner.  He looked out the window for a few minutes and said "so… will we always get dessert? Because that would be so awesome!"  I just laughed and said "maybe honey."  I was a little worried he didn’t understand what I said but that night when he said his prayers he said "Dear God I hope you sleep good tonight and please help my mommy feel better soon."  Out of the mouth of babes.
Like I said this is all overwhelming but I have been able to see God work in my life like never before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get gorgeous ABS with these easy moves!